Thursday, May 1, 2008

Update

Sorry it has been awhile since I have updated this blog. I have just been pretty busy.

I am getting close to testing for my purple belt. Maybe in a week or so. But, I had a small set back last night. I was sparring and ended up cracking my ribs! Ouch!

I was sparing with a guy who is a second degree black belt in tae kwon do. I was doing great; blocking his kicks and getting my own shots in. But then he faked a kick to the left, I went to block that, dropped my check hand just a little too low and he nailed me with a roundhouse to my right side.

Normally that would be no big deal. We do wear chest and head padding (no foot padding. We spar in our street shoes). But, as I went to block his fake kick I turned my body some. He ended up kicking me right under the pad (with a very solid kick).

The funny thing is that it did not hurt that bad at the time. We finished sparring and then went out and had some beers. I got home and knew something was wrong. The pain was pretty bad. This morning when I woke up...UGH! I could not move and it hurt like hell to breathe. Long story...cracked ribs.

I will be out of pocket for a while now. So, hopefully I can heal up and be back in the studio soon.

3 comments:

sage said...

Joe, hope you've healed. I've been away from the internet and just got your message about your son. Know that he's in my prayers, keep us informed. Blessings, sage

Anonymous said...

In regards to your boy:

Wandered in here from Fark; not a TFer atm so couldn't leave a msg there. You might want to take a look at http://www.nevus.org/index.php if you haven't already; some of the folks on there may have connections which may be of use to you. I came across the site while back when working with a kid with giant nevi that covered almost his entire body except his face and hands/feet (I'm an occupational therapist).

Good luck
Allivymar (on fark)

Joe said...

Thank you both very much. I am very sad to say my son passed away on Feb. 27, 2009.